The Terrific Twos!

Well, it seems we have arrived in an abrupt fashion to the wonderful phase of "terrific twos"!
I say it with teeth gritted and determination to meet it head on!
You are probably thinking that meeting it head on, translates to "preparing to show our daughter who is boss"! But no, no its more to prepare myself for the daunting task of locating every possible spare bit of patience that I can find! This is a time in my daughter's life when she is becoming herself apart from mama and daddy, and that can be such an incredibly empowering and yet intimidating experience! Which can easily explain the roller coaster of mood swings.

Now is when I pump myself up to overlook the "smallies" and focus only on maintaining boundaries on issues that are truly essential to her safety and direction.

Because I not only have to navigate these new waters, but I also must address the needs of my now 8 month old son! Boy that leaves little time for a breather.....

So I'll keep everyone posted on this adventurous and I'm sure exhausting journey through the terrific twos!

Oh, if I had a dollar for everytime I heard that sweet, yet determined little voice say, "no!" =)

Happy AP'ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment