Mouth is for??

So lately my daughter, Maia, has this absolute obsession with putting EVERYTHING she gets her hands on into her mouth!!! Everything, that is, except food. Arghhhh! Food is the rare exception that she loves to take and squeeze between her fingers until it oozes through and then she lavishly spreads it all over her face and hair.
Oh, why me???
I'm such an OCD person and lately I have been working sooo hard to not let the focus of my day be maintaining my house in an immaculate state. Laundry can wait, dirty floors will still be there tomorrow, but this new little act of Maia's is a bit too much for me! (Not really, but almost)

I am doing what Dr. Sears recommends and placing this in the group of "smallies" and not "biggies" so that I can stop stressing about it. I need to see this time as a wonderful opportunity to take hilarious pictures that can lovingly be used as blackmail for her first date or something humorous.
Too soon will the innocent and curious stage pass.
So what if it means having food smeared all over the place and tracked from kitchen to every room in the house?
I have got to focus on them. My days should be filled with playing, reading, and quality time with them, not chore after chore and occasionally fitting in 20 minutes of play.

So heres to the moments of mustard being smeared on heads, and strawberries finding themselves in ears and noses!

No comments:

Post a Comment